The Re-Entry Employment and Life Skills Pocket Guide - (Second Edition Your Passport to Renewed Success)
Used by hundreds of workforce development programs, correctional institutions, and rehab facilities!
This pocket guide makes an ideal handout for ex-offenders facing a life-changing transition. The booklet is designed to help individuals make smart decisions, improve their life skills, and take effective action in key re-entry areas. Readers will develop their skills and understanding through self-tests, advice, strategies, checklists, forms, plans, and additional resources.
A large job search section helps users:
- document personal and professional information
- identify important attitudes and transferable skills
- assess Motivated Abilities and Skills (MAS)
- state a clear objective or goal
- complete job applications and write resumes and letters
- conduct effective job interviews and follow up effectively
- negotiate compensation and accept job offers
A special job survival and success section offers sound advice on the dos and don'ts of being a successful employees as well as knowing when to move on to other jobs.
The guide also includes an important life skills section relating to:
- education and training
- attitudes and goals
- housing and transportation
- addiction and recovery
- health and wellness
- financial planning
- community services
- anger management
An action planning section focuses on developing a:
- monthly financial plan
- housing plan
- transportation plan
- health and wellness plan
- addiction and recovery plan
- anger management plan
This section also helps users identify useful community-based services, develop a list of helpful contacts, organize a calendar for documenting appointments, and using key re-entry resources.
Table of Contents