Careers for Me Plus - A Career Interest Assessment
This is a fun, interesting, colorful graphics and easy-to-use career interest inventory for young people around middle school age. Careers For Me Plus is a 24-page consumable booklet which probes the students' skills as well as interests and includes fun activities, such as a cryptogram, a word search, and more.
Students are asked to review their extra-curricular and volunteer activities, as well as their educational goals. There is also a simple worksheet for students to review skills that employers seek out in applicants (SCANS). Helpful tips and thought-provoking questions are included throughout for students to give short answers an think about.
This paper-pencil assessment encourages students to think about their interests to guide them towards careers. Using Careers For Me Plus , your students will:
- Learn more about themselves and their personal interests
- Gain an awareness of various new job titles
- Be exposed to the concept of school-to-work
- Have an understanding of how jobs can be grouped into clusters
- Be encouraged to research careers which fit their interests
- Start the process of how they fit in with the world of work
- Begin career awareness & preparation in a non-stressful and insightful manner
Changes to the new edition include:
- Updated career information on over 150 job titles
- Information on the Department of Education's 16 cluster system
- Increase to 120 statements for user's to indicate their interest or skill
- New fun activities
Careers for Me Plus uses the following six career clusters, which are also all linked together by an icon:
- Environment and Agriculture
- Arts and Communication
- Business and Management
- Industrial and Engineering Systems
- Health Services
For use with students in grades 7 through 9.
Discount available for 25 or more purchased